18 May 2009

Did You Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind?


I first heard this song when I was working for Burger's King's ad agency. We were using it as part of a campaign for the Whopper highlighting the many different ways you could order it (cause after all, "at Burger King, you can always have it your way." Yes, after working for them for 10 years, the brainwashing still works!). This is a pretty groovy cover of the song by Thao; it was originally recorded by The Lovin' Spoonful. I'm not sure what is going on with the sock puppets in the video but they're kind of cute and I just like 'em!



This song really struck a chord with me as I am one of the most indecisive people you will ever meet. I think it's due to the fact that I was born between signs; that is, my birthday is on the cusp of when Cancer goes into Leo.



The thing you should know about me is that because I never can make up my mind, it is very easy to influence my decisions. Present me with a good argument and I'll buy it. So much so, that I often find myself arguing other people's point of view convinced that it is my own.



Now that's not to say that I am a pushover because I will definitely stand my ground til the end of time. I just have a really hard time deciding what to do...this weekend, for dinner, with my life, etc.



Which brings me to the receiver of today's cupcakes. A 3 year-old named Sienna. She saw a picture of the cupcakes I made last week for the Agence Ludique and decided on the spot all she really wanted for her birthday was some green mice cupcakes (or so says her mom. I'm sure her wish list must include a Dora DVD, maybe a princess costume, or a new ball for the park. Well, that's what my daughter wants anyway!).



I really admire Sienna's ability to make up her mind and hope that I one day grow up to be as decisive as she is!



To go along with the green mice, I put together some other four-legged, no-legged and winged beasties for a garden animal party theme. These are a mix of cupcakes from the Black & Whites menu: Rogue, Storm, Vanilla Lovers and Chocolate Squared cupcakes topped with marzipan and marshmallow fondant designs.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm J. and I'm a second guesser. But I am positive that if given a choice of all of the above featured cupcakes I would probably choose the snail cupcakes. Or the ones with all the sprinkles and the little flower on top. Or the ones with the cute little mouse. ; )

    (Btw, thanks to you, I will have that stupid song playing on my mental jukebox for at least another two hours. : P )

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are absolutely gorgeous - I love the little snails!
    (Love the song, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cupcakes! Thanks for your listing info. I totally forgot you're in Paris. I'll be there next month to visit with my Grandmere and family. Perhaps we could meet up. I'll send you my contact info when my plans are perfected. Sigh. Life keeps getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete