21 June 2009
Tag, You're It!
A few weeks, months, (years?) back I was tagged by Jessy at Apparently Jessy to do these lists of 8 things. I always fear these things like chain letters and worry that I am going to get bad karma (or at least my cupcakes won't rise while baking) if I break the chain! So here with some pics of cupcakes for Father's Day and with dominos for a Cuban-themed party are my 8 things......
8 things I am looking forward to:
1. GOING TO NYC THIS SUMMER!
2. Attending my best childhood girlfriend's wedding in August. It's been a looooong time in the making.
3. Introducing my father to my daughter. She is almost 2 and still hasn't met her maternal grandfather.
4. Seeing Transformers 2 with my husband next weekend.
5. Walking on the beach and feeling the sand under my toes (in 2 weeks!).
6. Celebrating my 30+ birthday in a big way - my mom is flying over and we'll see who else we can find to party with us. I've already told my husband I want to go on an African safari as a birthday present - though admittedly it'll be a few years before we can go - so I guess I have that to look forward to too!
7. Enjoying vacation with my husband and our kids - we'll have absolutely nothing to do for 4 whole weeks except relax, recharge and enjoy!
8. Climbing into bed this evening between our crisp, clean sheets. It's been a crazy week!
8 things I did yesterday:
1. I made cupcakes (how original, I know!).
2. I sat on a blanket under the Normandie sun in my friend's beautiful green garden with my husband and daughter (my son was too busy running around with a water gun to sit with us).
3. I cuddled with a beautiful horse and felt its warm breath on my face.
4. I ate all sorts of yummy food like BBQ burgers, guacamole and tortilla chips, cheese dip with hot jalapeno peppers, a coffee ice cream cone, and a cupcake (I sound like the Very Hungry Caterpillar).
5. I washed it all down (see #4) with some chilled rosé.
6. I drove the family home from Normandie.
7. I made domino cupcake toppers out of marshmallow fondant.
8. I found my watch (fearful that I had lost it and the hubby would KILL me!).
8 things I wish I could:
1. I wish I could introduce my children to my grandmother. She's been gone for 9 years now and I know she would have adored them and they her.
2. I wish I could teleport like Hayden Christensen in that movie, Jumper. It just seems like it would be a really cool superpower.
3. I wish I could get by on 3 hours sleep - there's so much to do and never enough time to do it.
4. I wish I could spend more quality time with my family (which I should be doing right now instead of compiling these lists).
5. I wish I could keep my kids innocent, playful, and full of the joy and love I see in them everyday while they are still young. The world can be such a dangerous place and I want to protect them from the ugliness and hurt as much as possible.
6. I wish I could travel to the Pyramids of Egypt, spend an hour watching Picasso paint, cook up a blanquette de veau with Julia Child, pilot a plane, swim with some dolphins, feed every starving child in the world, have a cocktail with Martin Amis, cure cancer, walk on the moon, swing high above an audience on a trapeze, have Stephen King read me a bedtime story, have dinner delivered from the world's finest chefs every night to my husband and I in bed -- Joel Robuchon, Alain Ducasse, Thomas Keller I am talking to you!
7. I wish I could find a good tattoo artist in Paris.
8. I wish I was opening a cupcakery after the summer break!
8 shows I watch (I have to preface this list by saying that we don't watch TV - French television is garbage. We try to keep up with our favorite shows by DVD but it's not a common activity for us. We're big film buffs though):
1. The Shield (I was devastated to watch the final season - I'm in denial that it's really gone!)
5. (ok, I have run out of shows so here are some of my favorite movies) True Romance
6. The Godfather Series
7. The Matrix
8. Pulp Fiction
Okay, now it's my turn to tag 8 people!
1. J from J Two O
2. Carrie from Fields of Cake
3. Kari from Retro Bakery
4. Anna from Very Small Anna
5. Lyns from Sweet Cuppin Cakes
6. Clara from IHeartCuppycakes
7. Tania from Love Big Bake Often
8. Stef from Cupcake Project