12 January 2009

Happy Birthday Rubber Ducky!



When you've got two young kids in the house like I do, you end up on the mailing list of every party supply, costume, clothing, toy, bedroom decor, etc. site on the planet! I usually delete most of this stuff without giving it a second thought but with my son's birthday just last week, my eyes strayed upon a blurb the other day in a newsletter from Birthday Express announcing that January 13 is Rubber Ducky's birthday!

I'm a child of the '70's and so grew up with Sesame Street and the Gang and have always had a soft spot in my heart for Rubber Ducky (in fact I have a mini goth rubber ducky replete with skulls and crossbones on my phone) though Cookie Monster is my all-time favorite.

I am sure you all know the song. Sing along, everybody:

Rubber Ducky, you're the one.
You make bath time lots of fun
Rubber Ducky, I'm awfully fond of you.
Rubber Ducky, joys of joys
When I squeak you, you make noise
Rubber Ducky, you're my very best friend, it's true!

Everyday when I make my way to the tubby
I find a little fella who' cute, yellow, and chubby.
(rub-a-dub-a-dubby)


Rubber Ducky you're so fine
And I'm lucky that you're mine
Rubber Ducky, I'm awfully fond of you.

Everyday when I make my way to the tubby
I find a little fella who's cute, yellow, and chubby.
(rub-a-dub-a-dubby)

Rubber Ducky, you're so fine
And I'm glad that you're mine
Rubber Ducky I'm awfully fond of...
Rubber Ducky I'd like a whole pond of . . .
Rubber Ducky I'm awfully fond of you.


Happy Birthday, Rubber Ducky!

3 comments:

  1. Love the cupcake -- and the song. : )

    My daughter has a collection of rubber duckies, some of which are very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was a wee child in the late 60's and am a better person for having been raised with Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers & the Electric Company.

    Love to bake cupcakes - you're my hero!

    p.s. the goth duck is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rubber duckies, and those little yellow frosting swirls with the silver ball in the middle are just so super cute!

    ReplyDelete