29 December 2008

I Just Got Baked!


The cookbook. What else did you think I was talking about? This was on my list for Christmas and I am so glad that Santa delivered. The photos and recipes look so good, there is actual drool on some of the pages. From me, not Santa, of course! I just want to eat everything in this book.

But first some housekeeping....if my mom sent you here cause she couldn't explain how to vote for me in the Iron Cupcake contest, please read this for all the nitty gritty.

Okay, now where was I? I seem to be having a hard time concentrating...Ah yes, Baked! I invited some of my son's friends and their moms over tomorrow with the explicit purpose of having a legitimate excuse to whip up some of these goodies (sick, isn't it?). So, one of the first things I wanted to try was the Peanut Butter Cookies with Milk Chocolate Chunks cause I know my husband won't touch these with a ten-foot pole (You know how the French feel about peanut butter? Kind of like how most Americans feel about escargots or goose liver or 'insert internal organ of your choice' they cut out and serve up as a delicacy.)

I halved the recipe and still ended up with the 24 cookie yield they promise. And for those of you know who me (and know my weakness for white chocolate -- I know, I know, it's *not really* chocolate), well, you'll understand that I just had to add in some chopped up white chocolate. These were divine! Crunchy at first bite and then so creamy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The peanut butter is a subtle taste and the sugar sprinkled on at the moment before baking adds a nice touch. I'm linking to another site's recipe page as I don't want to get involved in a whole copyright infringement issue here. Design * Sponge not only posts the recipe but also has a two-part interview with the Baked boys from Brooklyn themselves in which they make these cookies. Let me know what you think of this recipe if you try it out. Trust me, there will be no denying that you inhaled! Okay, gotta go past the kitchen for another cookie.

1 comment:

  1. Update: Would you believe DH came home and actually ate these? Well, to be fair, we were out of his usual dessert and so he had to have something. While he didn't really get into the PB taste, he did enjoy the moistness of these cookies and insists that I should be probably adding A LOT more butter to my usual chocolate chip recipe (an adaptation of Toll House's) to get similar results.

    ReplyDelete