02 December 2008

Just Because


I got a call last week from a gal who wanted to order some cupcakes. When I asked her "What's the occasion?," she replied, "Oh, they are just for me. I want some cause they are yummy!" Clearly this is a woman after my own heart.* And she is right! You really don't need a special occasion to eat a cupcake -- they are quite literally the perfect, individual-sized, anytime snack food!

*I have to add that based on her order, she must be a thorough reader of this blog. The request included some 16H Gouter and Orange Buttercream/White Chocolate Cupcakes which I recently blogged about. As I said, a woman after my own heart! ;)

6 comments:

  1. I want cupcakes too!!! One of each, or a dozen of each! : ) They just look soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J, I wish I could send you some but doubt they would withstand the journey with FedEx or La Poste -- has my mom told you the stories about the "lost forever" items she has sent over? Happens way too often.

    Cherry, so glad you liked them! I am worried though about your comment that they "were" yummy. Pls. don't tell me you and famille ate all 12 in one sitting?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Cherry's "yummy" as she did indeed share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will just have to go to Paris and pick some up then. I'm thinking April. How far in advance do I need to order? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. well....we did share 3 of the happy dozen. hubby is a big guy so he needed to eat at least 2 in one sitting. i refuse to comment on my capacity to down those yummy suckers. sam loved them too, although she licked the icing off before eating the rest of the cupcakes.

    you'll be hearing from me soon.....

    ReplyDelete